A prominent shift in the business landscape of America are the latest changes and standards enforced by Kari’s Law and RAY BAUM’S Act for business phone systems.
To help you through these changes, we have outlined what you should be looking for in a solution.
What is Kari’s Law?
Kari’s Law is a new regulation enforced by the Federal Communications Commission (FCC) that requires businesses using Multi-Line Telephone Systems (MLTS) and their manufacturers to enable direct 9-1-1 dialing. (Dialing 9-1-1 without having to input any extra digits, or codes, when making an outbound call).
Additionally, RAY BAUM’S Act emphasizes the importance of having a dispatchable location sent to the public safety answering point (PSAP).
A dispatchable location is a detailed description of a location that makes it easier for emergency responders to respond in as little time as possible. It must consist of the street address of the calling party, plus additional information such as floor, suite, apartment, room, or similar information.
For a more in-depth look into Kari’s Law and RAY BAUM’S Act, we have it covered here!
Whether you are utilizing an on-premises system, or considering a move to the cloud, VOX will work to understand your organization’s unique challenges and provide the right solution. Here are three of our favorites:
#1 Recommendation: Avaya’s SENTRY
SENTRY provides a robust and cost-efficient solution that is streamlined to remove complexity from your emergency service dialing and call handling.
What else does SENTRY do?
- Tracking IP devices on Avaya platforms.
- Providing detailed alerts that are based on where the call was made from.
- Escalating the alert if it is not acknowledged
- Featuring screen pop-ups that include detailed information regarding the station, floor plan maps, and other relevant information ensuring first responders have access to the most accurate and up-to-date location information possible.
Avaya Sentry is comprehensive, compliant, and easy for everyone from your staff to emergency responders.
Other Options for Cloud or On-prem:
Not sure Avaya Sentry the solution for your organization? Here are two other great options to help you become compliant.
- It requires no charges per endpoint, bonus.
- It has Avaya’s vote due to a proven track record with them.
- It requires Direct Inward Dialing (DID) for remote workers.
- It has a lower price point
- It offers dynamic location updates
- It does NOT require DID for remote workers
Need Help Deciding?
VOX understands that each organization is unique, which is why we developed VOX Lifecycle, our proprietary, consultative framework designed to assist and enable our clients to make informed decisions to achieve their desired business outcomes.
Compliance is required, but it does not have to be complicated. Schedule your FREE 9-1-1 Compliance Review today!