Senior Project Manager
Job Status: Full Time
The candidate must be a motivated self-starter that is interested in developing their professional skills, capabilities, and experiences. The individual must have a track record of problem solving, customer satisfaction, and demonstrated follow through.
The Senior Project Manager is responsible for leading teams to deliver complex project(s) that span across one or more telephony products or multiple locations. Manage resources, schedules, financials and adhere to stage gate quality and control guidelines throughout the full project life cycle. This also includes management of issues, risks and project change requests to ensure successful and on-time project delivery. Contribute to process improvement initiatives as it relates to improving project delivery.
The Senior Project Manager has the authority to run the project on a day-to-day basis. Verify that the project produces the required deliverables of quality, within the specified constraints of time and cost. Deliver upon contractual requirements while providing best in class customer service.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Manage a portfolio of complex initiatives that span one or multiple telephony product lines
- Proven success in providing leadership for project team by building and motivating team members to meet project goals, adhering to their responsibilities and project milestones
- Review proposal material to determine the scope of the project, and which resource teams will need to participate
- Request project team resources from the various matrixed support organizations
- Serve as the central point of contact and primary interface for all project related issues between the technical teams and upstream project managers and stakeholders
- Establish client and business relationships and manage expectations of project sponsors
- Develop and manage all aspects of project and program engagement from day to day activities, planning, work breakdown, scheduling, scope, external vendor relationships, communications, resources, budget, change, risks and issues
- Monitor, track and control outcomes to resolve issues, conflicts, dependencies and critical path deliverables
- Manages activities of subcontractors utilized to deliver the technical solution.
- Manage day-to-day tasks for internal and vendor provided project team members
- Collaborate with other PMs on inter-dependent projects as well as program managers responsible for delivering the overall business solution to the client
- Plan, document, and manage the go-live events and related production changes in support of the project scope
- Provide status reporting regarding project milestones, deliverable, dependencies, risks and issues, communicating across leadership and stakeholder teams
- Deliver progress reports and dashboards to various audiences, including project team, sponsors, and key stakeholders. Analyze results and troubleshoot problem areas
- Conduct lessons learned call upon project closure and produce an after-action report
- Coordinate day 1 post go-live incident support calls
- Participate in establishing, practices, templates, policies, tools and partnerships to expand and mature these capabilities for the organization
- Provide coaching or training to junior members of the team
- Ensure the project management process meets VOX standards and procedures
- Ensures that VOX is compliant with all applicable requirements and the terms and conditions of the RFP and proposal, SOW, and executed contracts.
- Continue professional development to keep abreast of emerging technologies, methods and best practices
- Perform other duties as assigned by leadership
Requirements & Qualifications
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university required, Master’s Degree a plus. Emphasis in Project Management, or Business Leadership preferred. Equivalent work experience will be considered.
- Experience delivering technical or telephony projects in a medium to large size organization.
- 8+ years’ experience with complex project management, including tracking and planning projects
- 4-7 years related experience in a PM/leadership role
- 5+ years of experience working with business stakeholders within a cross-functional matrix environment
- 1+ years of previous experience with gathering requirements from the client / business and documentation
- Extensive understanding of project and program management principles, methods and techniques.
- Integration project management experience preferred.
- Excellent experience in Project Management SDLC Methodologies, Agile, SCRUM, SDLC / Waterfall
- Past experience working in a technical support or technical management role is highly preferred.
- Past experience project managing Avaya Red or Cisco projects is highly preferred.
Technical Project Experience (all preferred, but not required):
- Telecom projects: VOIP, IVR, Contact Center, Automated Dialers, Call Center Reporting
- Telephony systems: Avaya Red, Cisco
- Network Projects: MPLS, Firewalls, VPNs
- Facilities: New Builds, Moves, Shutdowns
- Cloud based projects: AWS, Azure, Oracle
- Mixed OS environments: Windows, Unix, Linux, Solaris, etc.
- Data Center Migrations
- Development or Application Launches
- PMI PMP Certification required. Equivalent certifications will be considered.
- ITIL certification recommended.
- Other prior technical certifications a plus: Avaya, Cisco networking/telephony, Security, Cloud, etc.
- Intermediate level of proficiency with MS Project, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint and SharePoint with experience presenting to stakeholders and / or Senior Leadership
- Self-motivated with strong leadership, diplomatic and motivational skills including the ability to lead up, across and down multiple business and technology organizations.
- Excellent attention to detail, with proven ability to adapt to shifting priorities, competing demands and timelines through analytical and problem-solving capabilities
- Ability to execute many complex tasks and projects simultaneously, and work as a team member as well as independently.
- Proven ability to work creatively and analytically in a problem-solving environment, demonstrating teamwork, innovation and excellence
- Excellent oral and written communication and customer service skills working with all levels of the organization.
- Ability to firmly drive the project resources and stakeholders in the same direction, while working to reduce tensions between the various matrixed organizations.
- Adaptability, flexibility and ability to deal with ambiguity and constant change
- Ability to sit for up to 80% of the time.
- Ability to lift or carry objects up to 10 1bs.
- Frequent use of computer, telephone, office equipment (copier, fax, scanner)
- Ability to travel occasionally for customer training or installations
Comprehensive benefit package including Medical, Dental, Vision, LTD, Life, 401(k), Paid Time Off, Paid Holidays
VOX Network Solutions, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. All employees must be citizens of the United States or can provide proof of employment eligibility.